Deactivating or deleting your account
You’re in control of your information on Nextdoor, and you may choose to deactivate or delete your account at any time. Before deciding to leave your neighborhood all together, please take a look at these tools that address the most common reasons for leaving:
If you're uncomfortable showing your full address on your Nextdoor profile, you can hide your street number.
- If you're receiving too much email from Nextdoor, please change your email settings.
- If you've moved, please change your address and you'll be assigned to your new neighborhood.
If you still decide you’d like to leave the Nextdoor community, you have options.
Deactivate your account
The contributions you’ve made to your neighborhood on Nextdoor are valuable to your neighbors. Deactivating your account will remove your profile from Nextdoor and unsubscribe you from emails, but your past posts will remain visible in the Newsfeed. Should you choose to return to Nextdoor in the future, you’ll be able to sign back in to reactivate your account.
To deactivate your account:
- Visit the deactivation page. If you're not signed into your account, you'll be asked to sign in.
- Click Select reason and choose your reason from the list that appears.
- OPTIONAL: Enter any feedback you may have about how we can improve Nextdoor. If you don't wish to share your feedback with your neighborhood Lead, uncheck the box.
- Click DEACTIVATE.
Delete your account
You also have the option to permanently delete your account and all its data from Nextdoor. Deleting your account cannot be undone, and you will not be able to retrieve any of the content you’ve contributed to Nextdoor. To submit a permanent deletion request, please contact our team.
Hide your house number
Change your email settings
Moved? Change your address
Reactivate your account