The Nextdoor Lead role
Neighborhoods Leads do not work for Nextdoor and are not compensated in any way. They are simply neighbors like other members, who have been granted additional capabilities to help their neighborhood run more smoothly. Those capabilities include access to features to:
- Vote to remove messages that they believe violate Nextdoor Guidelines
- Adjust neighborhood boundaries
- Verify unverified members
- Edit the About section on the neighborhood feed
- Promote other members to Lead status
In addition, please keep in mind that it is inappropriate to complain about moderation in the main feed. If you have concerns that a Nextdoor Lead is abusing their powers (for example, by inappropriately removing messages that do not violate the Guidelines or by using their Lead powers to favor one side of a debate over another), you should either message them privately to discuss your concerns, use a Nextdoor Policies group to discuss the issue with your neighbors, or contact Nextdoor Support.