Mute a member
To stop seeing posts from a member you're not interested in hearing from, you can mute that member. Muting a member removes all the content the member has posted to the neighborhood or groups from your view of Nextdoor. Additionally, you will no longer receive email notifications for their posts or comments.
Muting a member does not remove them from the site, and it does not interrupt other members' ability to view posts authored by the member.
To ensure you receive important information in the case of an emergency, you will continue to receive any urgent alerts the muted member sends. In addition, members you have muted can still send you private messages, since blocking these messages would reveal that you have muted them.
Nextdoor's policy is not to reveal who has chosen to mute a member's account, although we may notify the member that their account has been muted by someone.
- Click on the member's name in a message they have posted or in the Neighborhood Directory.
- Click on the three dots ... in the header area of the member's profile page, below their name and address.
- Click MUTE in the pop-up window to confirm.
Once you have muted a member, a red button that says MUTED will display next to the neighbor's name on their profile page. To resume seeing posts from a muted member, follow the steps above, clicking UNMUTE in steps 2 and 3.
- Tap a post from the member you'd like to mute, or locate their name in the list of neighbors.
- Tap the member's name.
- Tap the "..." button to the right of their name.
- Select Mute.
- Click Mute in the pop-up window to confirm.
Once you have muted the member, you'll see a blue alert across the top of your screen that says "Successfully muted." To resume seeing posts from a muted member, follow the steps above, selecting UNMUTE in steps 4 and 5.
- Tap the profile picture or name of the member that you would like to mute.
- Tap the three vertical squares icon at the bottom right corner of their profile page.
- Select MUTE.
- Tap OK to confirm the mute.
To resume seeing posts from a muted member, follow the steps above, selecting UNMUTE in step 3.
How do I mute a city official?
Handling neighborhood conflict