Private vs. Public Groups
If you are a member of a Nextdoor neighborhood, you can create a group within the neighborhood for your neighbors who share the same interest. Your group can be public or private. Here are the differences between the two types:
- Are open to anyone in the neighborhood.
- Allow any neighbor to join the group immediately, without waiting for approval.
- Allow any neighbor to read the group's messages, whether or not they have joined.
- Have public member lists.
- Are limited to just the people a moderator adds or approves.
- Have messages which are only viewable by the members of the group.
- Have private member lists.
Joining an existing group
Adding a member to a group
Creating a group